Manila Journal

News and Information About The Philippines

  • Gorilla Mobile
  • My Blog is Worth

  • Archives

  • Currency Converter
    Loading...
    Amount:

    From:

    To:
    Result:
    0.00
    * Conversion Rates by Yahoo! Finance

Rebels say consultant ‘abducted’ in QC

Posted by Mai on November 30th, 2007

INQUIRER.net
Rebels say consultant ‘abducted’ in QC

Hold Arroyo responsible

INQUIRER.net
Last updated 08:41am (Mla time) 11/30/2007

MANILA, Philippines — The rebel National Democratic Front (NDF) said Friday that one of its consultants had been abducted in broad daylight in Cubao, Quezon City Wednesday, November 28, and is holding the government responsible.

In an emailed statement, Luis Jalandoni, chairman of the NDF’s peace negotiating panel, said Elizabeth Principe, 56, was seized “by eight men in black uniform similar to that used by the Special Weapons Team (SWAT) of the Philippine National Police (PNP)” in a manner similar to the abduction of activist Jonas Burgos in April and another rebel consultant, Leo Velasco, in February, “and numerous other enforced disappearances perpetrated by the Arroyo regime’s military, police and paramilitary forces.”

Read rest of this story here:
INQUIRER.net

If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.